Burnley manager Sean Dyche has lamented Arsenal’s diving during their 3-1 loss at the Emirates on Saturday.Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang completed his brace in the 48th minute before Ashley Barnes reduced the deficit to give Burnley hopes.But substitute Alex Iwobi made it 3-1, but Dyche was left frustrated and has accused Arsenal of “diving”.“No one wants to see diving in the game,” he told Sky Sports. “There was one with (Granit) Xhaka later in the game and I know he dives as he looks at the ref within a millisecond of going down in the box. I do not want to see that and I do not think anyone else wants to see that.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“Ashley Barnes comes out of a tackle and their lad clearly elbows him, but our lad comes out with a booking, which is nearly impossible.“There were two dives in the game and no one got a booking. One of them was already on a booking, so that’s a red card.“I’m alarmed by the amount of diving lately, three last week and two this week. No one [the authorities] wants to touch it.“Our player got two hands in the back today and we are now 60 games without a penalty. They are big moments, important moments.”
Vista City Hall holds lottery for marijuana dispensary applicants Elizabeth Alvarez 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Emotions ran high at the thought of winning the big prize.The big prize in this case is being among the first to have the city of Vista review an application to open one of 11 medical marijuana dispensaries.Several dozens of applicants showed up to City Hall first thing Tuesday morning.Every applicant had to have two cashier’s checks. One for $10,000 for processing fees and another in the amount of $100,000 to prove they had the financial resources to finish the approval process. If not they were turned away.Residents from across the state drove to Vista to get a shot at the opportunity. Elliot Lewis from Long Beach said, “We heard Vista was opening up for medical marijuana dispensaries and we hold quite a few licenses in the state so we decided to come in here and give it a shot.”This is a first for the city of Vista. Measure Z,which passed in November, was a citizens initiative that forced the city to allow medical pot shops to open.Just like a lottery drawing, each applicant that showed up before 10 a.m. was giving a ball with a letter on it. It was placed in a spinning drum and a blindfolded city employee pulled out one by one.Elliott Lewis was drawn 8th, giving him a good chance as long as he meet all of the requirements.“It’s definitely a big prize. It’s high-stakes, it’s not again for little boys with short shorts. Your heart gets going, you spent a lot of time and money and effort and it just comes down to the luck of the draw”, says Lewis.The city will continue taking applications until 5 p.m. January 29th.Building a registration priority list, it will work down that list from first to last verifying the applicants. Posted: January 22, 2019 Elizabeth Alvarez, January 22, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
During April, the Corps conducted nine public hearings in Alaska to receive comment on the permit application and draft EIS in Anchorage, Dillingham, Homer, Igiugig, Kokhanok, Naknek, New Halen, New Stuyahok, and Nondalton. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has extended the public comment period an additional 30-days for the Pebble Limited Partnership draft environmental impact statement. To date, about 8,400 public comments have been uploaded to the EIS website with more incoming, according to a release from the Corps. The deadline for submitting comments about the draft EIS is now July 1. The Corps will consider all comments received by that date before finalizing the document and making a permit decision. The extension brings the length of the public comment period to 120-days. The Corps released the draft EIS on February 20 with the formal public comment period beginning March 1. Since January 2018, the Corps has made Pebble Limited Partnership’s permit application to discharge fill material into waters of the United States and work in navigable waters for the purpose of developing a copper-molybdenum-gold mine project in the Bristol Bay region of Alaska publically available on the EIS website. Also, baseline data for the environmental analysis has been available since March 2018. Comments can be electronically submitted on the public website: https://www.pebbleprojecteis.com; or written comments mailed to:U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Alaska DistrictATTN: DA Permit Application 2017-271, Pebble Limited Partnership645 G Street Suite 100-921Anchorage, Alaska 99501
BRIDGEWATER, MA — More than 2,100 bachelor’s degrees in the sciences, arts, business and education were awarded during two ceremonies at Bridgewater State University on Saturday, May 18 on the Boyden Quadrangle. It was the 178th Spring Commencement Convocation in the university’s history.The following Wilmington residents were among those who graduated:Kimberly DonoghueCarlyn GillisErin HartyJulianne HooperJared LloydKatherine McKenna(NOTE: The above modified announcement is from Bridgewater State University.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSTUDENT SPOTLIGHT: 6 Wilmington Students Named To Dean’s List At Bridgewater State UniversityIn “Education”STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: 3 Wilmington Students Graduate From Bryant UniversityIn “Education”STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington’s Kristen Luise Graduates From University Of New HavenIn “Education”
By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN Associated PressROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) — A Coast Guard lieutenant accused of stockpiling guns and compiling a hit list of prominent Democrats and network TV journalists looked at other targets: two Supreme Court justices and two executives of social media companies, according to federal prosecutors.Those new allegations are contained in a court filing Tuesday in which prosecutors urge a magistrate judge to keep Christopher Hasson, 49, detained in custody pending trial on firearms and weapons charges.This file image provided by the U.S. District Court in Maryland shows a photo of firearms and ammunition that was in the motion for detention pending trial in the case against Christopher Paul Hasson. Hasson, a Coast Guard lieutenant accused of stockpiling guns and compiling a hit list of prominent Democrats and network TV journalists looked at other targets: two Supreme Court justices and two executives of social media companies, according to federal prosecutors in a court filing Tuesday, April 22, 2019. (U.S. District Court via AP, File)The filing doesn’t name the two justices and two company executives but says Hasson searched online for their home addresses in March 2018, within minutes before and after searching firearm sales websites.“The defendant conducted an internet search for ‘are supreme court justices protected’ approximately two weeks prior to searching for the home addresses of the two Supreme Court justices,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas Windom wrote in a footnote.Hasson, who is due back in court Thursday for a detention hearing, is renewing his request to be released from custody while awaiting trial. A lawyer who represented Hasson at a Feb. 21 detention hearing accused prosecutors of making inflammatory accusations against Hasson without providing evidence to back them up.Prosecutors haven’t charged him with any terrorism-related offenses since his Feb. 15 arrest and subsequent indictment in Maryland. Hasson’s attorney, Liz Oyer, wrote in a court filing last week that prosecutors recently disclosed that they don’t expect to seek any additional charges.In an email to The Associated Press, Oyer declined to comment Wednesday on the prosecutors’ new allegations.In a February court filing, prosecutors called Hasson a “domestic terrorist” and said he “intends to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country.” They also said he is a self-described white nationalist who espoused extremist views for years and drafted an email in which he said he was “dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth.”Hasson’s internet search history “lays bare his views on race, which in turn inform his criminal conduct,” Windom wrote.In November 2017, according to the prosecutor, Hasson searched for “please god let there be a race war.” And the defendant did an internet search for guns with a search term that used a racial slur for blacks in March 2018 before visiting firearm sales websites.Prosecutors have said Hasson appeared to be planning attacks inspired by the manifesto of Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian right-wing extremist who killed 77 people in a 2011 bomb-and-shooting rampage. Windom said “it cannot go unnoticed” that the terrorist who perpetrated the deadly New Zealand mosque attacks in March also was a “devotee” of Breivik.In 2017, Hasson sent himself a draft letter he had written to a neo-Nazi leader and “identified himself as a White Nationalist for over 30 years and advocated for ‘focused violence’ in order to establish a white homeland,” prosecutors said.That letter also refers to “Missouri,” a person with whom Hasson has a “long history,” Windom wrote. In 1995, according to federal prosecutors, Hasson and “Missouri” went to a home in Hampton, Virginia, where the homeowner arrived by car and asked them why they were there. The victim identified Hasson and Missouri as “skinheads.”“Missouri,” wearing a black jacket with Swastika patches, aimed a handgun at the victim’s face and pulled the trigger, according to a police report cited by prosecutors. When the gun didn’t fire, “Missouri” beat the victim with it.“Chris Hasson was standing there with the suspect when this occurred,” Windom wrote.Investigators found 15 guns, including seven rifles, and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition at Hasson’s basement apartment in Silver Spring, Maryland, prosecutors said. Hasson’s Feb. 27 indictment also accuses him of illegal possession of tramadol, an opioid painkiller.Prosecutors claim Hasson drew up what appeared to be a computer-spreadsheet hit list that included House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and presidential hopefuls Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris. Several network TV journalists — MSNBC’s Chris Hayes and Joe Scarborough and CNN’s Chris Cuomo and Van Jones — also were mentioned.During the February detention hearing, U.S. Magistrate Judge Charles Day agreed to keep Hasson held in custody but said he was willing to revisit his decision if prosecutors didn’t bring more serious charges within two weeks.Hasson pleaded not guilty last month to charges of illegal possession of firearm silencers, possession of firearms by a drug addict and unlawful user, and possession of a controlled substance. He faces a maximum of 31 years in prison if convicted of all four counts in his indictment.“The silencers serve one purpose: to murder quietly. The defendant intended to do so on a mass scale, and his detention has thwarted his unlawful desire,” Windom wrote.Hasson, a former Marine, worked at Coast Guard headquarters in Washington on a program to acquire advanced new cutters for the agency. A Coast Guard spokesman has said Hasson will remain on active duty until the case against him is resolved.