SOFIANE BOUFAL saved the day for Saints to force a replay.Son Heung-min thought he had sent Tottenham through with a well-taken strike just before the hour.3 Son opened the scoring after a fine counter-attackCredit: ReutersBut Southampton refused to lie down with their new-found confidence and grabbed a deserved leveller through Boufal with two minutes to go.Both Jose Mourinho and Ralph Hasenhuttl played close to first-choice XIs and the raucous crowd were rewarded with a thrilling FA Cup clash.Son had a decent chance to open the scoring nine minutes in as Lucas Moura and Dele Alli combined to release the South Korean down the left side of the box, but he fired just wide.And they had a goal ruled out just before the break as Giovani Lo Celso found the net via a deflection off an offside Son.Spurs put together the move of the first half as Alli raced away on the counter before feeding Moura with a perfectly-timed pass.The Brazilian cleverly cut across Kevin Danso and looked set to break the deadlock – but his goalbound shot was turned wide by Angus Gunn’s foot. Danny Ings showed what a clever player he is soon after as he got in front of Hugo Lloris to chest down James Ward-Prowse’s quick free-kick, before volleying goalwards.But the England hopeful was denied by a goalline clearance by Japhet Tanganga.Hasenhuttl’s side were dealt a blow when Stuart Armstrong came off with a suspected hamstring injury just before the break.Ings has been in lethal form this term but his radar was just off here as he fired a Michael Obafemi cross agonisingly wide after the break.Lo Celso then kept up his hot form to set up Son’s opener, gliding past four Saints players from his own half before finding the South Korean via Erik Lamela.Son did the rest, finding the corner brilliantly with his 12th goal of the season.3 Son’s strike had to survive a VAR check3 Boufal’s accurate finish takes the tie back to LondonCredit: AFP or licensorslatest football newsGossipCROWD RETURNFA Cup final ‘may see 20,000 at Wembley in trial allowing some fans at games’CommentPHIL THOMASDiving and whining was never a good look and will seem worse after lockdownExclusive’I’M IN A BAD WAY’Ex-England star Kenny Sansom talks for first time since being attackedExclusiveBOURNE AGAINHowe says Cherries are stronger after lockdown with FIVE fit-again starsExclusiveSWAN THAT GOT AWAYSwansea wanted £3m Davies three years ago but couldn’t get work permitNEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticBAYERN 5 DUSSELDORF 0Lewa bags two as Bayern thump rivals to close on 8th straight titleTHEIR CALLReferees in Northern Ireland will be given choice on coming back says union bossLo Celso and Son then combined again as the Argentine floated a ball over the top, but his team-mate could only volley over.Saints have become a different side since their festive feast of positive results – with October’s 9-0 home defeat to Leicester feeling like forever ago now.Hasenhuttl’s men pushed for a leveller and should have had one when a free Ings headed wide with five minutes to go.But the hosts did not give up and got their rewards at the death as Ings squared to Boufal, who blasted past Hugo Lloris from inside the box.
Social Cohesion Minister with responsibility for Youth, Dr George NortonAlmost three years after the National Youth Policy has been approved in the National Assembly, it is still to be implemented since some adjustments are required.This is according to the Social Cohesion Minister with responsibility for Youth, Dr George Norton, who stated on Wednesday that the Department of Youth has been working on the implementation and has arrived at an implementation strategy in a structured way.Chiming in during the press conference was the Director of Youth, Melissa Carmichael, who was keen to note that since the document was passed in 2016, the Department has been implementing the five priority areas.“All our work, our work plan for every year since then 2017, 2018 and 2019 has been under the priority areas as well as the principles as outlined in the National Youth Policy”, Carmichael noted.She added that the Department has a “comprehensive report” on the implementation strategy as well as some of the programmes carried out as a result of same.The Youth Director further noted that the Department is cognisant of the fact that not many young people are aware of the Youth Policy and how it benefits them. In this regard, sensitisation sessions will be rolled out in the near future, she assured.The National Youth Policy is premised on improving the social, emotional and cultural skills of young people, producing a productive and enterprising youth workforce, developing quality education and market-oriented skills, encouraging leadership, participation and representation and promoting good health, security and safety.The policy caters for development of a National Youth Empowerment Action Plan which will include comprehensive and strategic programmes and projects being implemented.It also identifies the vision and the five key objectives that are further sub-divided into several priority areas for youth development. It further suggests policy imperatives that should be implemented in each of these identified priority areas.The process of developing the policy had commenced in 1993 when the Education Ministry, with the support of the Commonwealth Youth Programme, contracted Sociologist Berkley Stewart, then Head of the Department of Sociology at the University of Guyana, to make a study and carry out consultations with a view to formulating a National Youth Policy.During the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) tenure in office, it had started to draft the policy through a broad-based stakeholder approach, but this had never been taken to Parliament due to the 2015 elections and subsequent change of Government which saw a new body taking on the task.Part of the formulation of the National Youth Policy under this governing Administration entailed regional consultations between youths across Guyana who were engaged in discussions and decision-making on how the policy should be developed for the benefit of youths between the age group of 15-35 years.
The Dawson Creek RCMP have dismantled a cannabis grow operation in Tomslake.On the evening of September 22nd, members of the Dawson Creek RCMP Drug and General Duty Sections executed a search warrant at a rural property in Tomslake.An indoor cannabis grow operation was subsequently dismantled at the rural residence. Three suspects have been charged with cannabis production contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and have been released on bail pending their first court appearance.- Advertisement -The RCMP remind members of the public, that if they have any information regarding the cultivation of cannabis in the Dawson Creek area, please contact the DC RCMP Drug Section at 250-784-3700 or Crimestoppers.
JetBlue today announced that it will begin servicing the Guyanese market with direct flights from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) to the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York.The first flight is expected to take off on April 02, 2020.Guyana becomes the fourth country in South America JetBlue serves and grows the airline’s presence in Latin America and Caribbean where it is a leading carrier serving nearly 40 destinations. The new nonstop flight between New York City and Georgetown will be made possible by the A321neo’s extended range and fuel efficiency.JetBlue’s A321neo will fly daily.More details in the Wednesday, September 11, 2019 edition of the Guyana Times.
0Shares0000Schalke’s German goalkeeper Ralf Faehrmann is beaten by Leroy Sane’s stunning free-kick as Manchester City equalised before Raheem Sterling scored the late winner to seal a 3-2 victory in the Champions League, last 16, first leg match on Wednesday. © AFP / Odd ANDERSENGELSENKIRCHEN, Germany, Feb 21 – Leroy Sane admits feeling ‘sorry’ for his stunning free-kick against ex-club Schalke which helped 10-man Manchester City seal a dramatic 3-2 away win in the Champions League.Premier League leaders City were in trouble at 2-1 down in the last 16, first-leg tie, playing with 10 men after Nicolas Otamendi was sent off on 68 minutes, before Sane struck. The Germany winger, a product of Schalke’s academy who left for City in 2016, came off the bench and smashed home a free-kick to equalise on 85 minutes in Gelsenkirchen.Raheem Sterling then tapped home City’s superb winner on 90 minute, after a brilliant long-range pass from goalkeeper Ederson, to seal victory with the return leg in Manchester on March 12.“Yeah, I was a bit,” Sane told reporters when asked if he was sorry to score against Schalke on Wednesday.“I couldn’t realy celebrate, of course I was pleased for my team, but to score a goal like that against my ‘former love’…”Having waited 78 minutes to come off the bench, Sane was delighted to finally run out at the Veltins Arena.“It was very emotional for me to be back in my home town,” said Sane.“It was great to be able to play in this great atmosphere in front of these fans.“In the first half I had goosebumps, the way the Schalke fans urged their team on.”City top the Premier League on goal difference while struggling Schalke are down near the relegation places in the Bundesliga.Yet the Germans gave Pep Guardiola’s City a scare as Nabil Bentaleb netted two first-half penalties, both awarded after the video assistant referee intervened, to cancel out Sergio Aguero’s early goal.Leroy Sane hugs former Schalke team-mate Daniel Caligiuri after Manchester City’s dramatic 3-2 away win in the Champions League, last 16, first leg match in Gelsenkirchen on Wednesday. © AFP / Odd ANDERSENSane was full of praise for his former club.“They played very, very well and the way they defended made it hard for us,” said the 23-year-old.“I was a little bit sad for Schalke, because the atmosphere was amazing, like it always is.“At the end we did it, we scored three goals away – that was the most important thing.”0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhicker: Clemson demonstrates that it’s tough to knock out the champAuthorities said two masked men followed Rawlings to his Woodland Hills home and forced him into the trunk of his Bentley. The pair also stole jewelry and other items from the home and fled in the car. Rawlings’ wife hid on the roof of the house with the couple’s children during the attack and she called 911. Police officers arrived as the Bentley was leaving and pursued it. During the chase, the Bentley hit another vehicle, crashed into a tree and burst into flames. Rawlings was thrown from the trunk and hit a brick wall. He died at a hospital two days later. The robbers fled, but Kirrell Francis Taylor was arrested while in jail on an unrelated charge. Authorities said DNA evidence led them to him. He also was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole. Graham, who had a 1988 assault conviction, fled to Chicago and then to Florida. The murder was profiled twice on the TV program “America’s Most Wanted” and prompted a tip that led to his 2004 arrest in Hollywood, Fla. A man was sentenced to life in prison Tuesday in the 1999 murder of a San Fernando Valley businessman who was stuffed in the trunk of his Bentley and died as his kidnappers fled police. Boris George Graham, 37, was sentenced in Van Nuys Superior Court and will not be eligible for parole. Graham was convicted of first-degree murder, kidnapping and other charges in the slaying of Christopher Rawlings, a 30-year-old clothing-store owner who wore a diamond-encrusted Rolex watch. During trial, jurors were told that DNA evidence linked him to a ski mask found in the exotic car. Graham’s attorney, Marilynn VanDam, has promised to appeal.
This year’s Edinburgh Mary has been chosen and it is Edinburgh Airport Girl Eileen McGuinness.Flying high – Edinburgh woman Eileen McGuinness.Eileen is no stranger to Dungloe as she spent many of her early years and summers in Donegal and has loads of family in Burtonport and Dungloe.Speaking last night Eileen (24) said “It’s such an honour and I am Truly so happy to be Representing Edinburgh in This years Mary From Dungloe”. “Its been something I have wanted to do since I was a Little Girl coming to The Festival’s each Year and spending so much time here in donegal with my Family”.” I Still consider Dungloe my hometown and love coming back when I can ”“I just cant wait to meet everyone and hopefully have a great time”.Plans for the big event are building up with a number of other ‘Marys’ still to be chosen.EILEEN IS CHOSEN AS THE EDINBURGH ‘MARY’ was last modified: May 16th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalEdinburghEileen McGuinnessMary From Dungloe
Canyon High is seeking former Cowboys baseball players to participate in the Feb. 18 alumni game on the campus baseball field. The game begins at 10 a.m. and will be followed by a “home run derby” fundraiser. For more information, contact Greg Crow at (661) 803-0583. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Four Masters G.A.A. ClubCongratulations to Kevin & Julie Mundy, Finabans who won the Lotto Jackpot of €9,300 on Monday night in the Week 36 draw held in the Abbey Hotel. The numbers drawn were 6, 13, 16 & 21 with the jackpot now reverting at €1,000.Club members, managers, coaches or administrators interested in either a First Aid/Defib Course or Defib Refresher Course on Saturday April 28th should book their place with Deborah Lacey (087) 2199730 as soon as possible. Adult Membership is now overdue. Registrar, Michael Martin will be in the Abbey Hotel at 9.00 pm next Monday March 26th and Friday March 30th to collect same. Membership should be paid prior to March 31st to ensure full member rights for 2012.The monthly meeting of the Senior Board takes place next Monday night March 26th at 8.30 pm in the Abbey Hotel.GAA: FOUR MASTERS GAA CLUB NOTES was last modified: March 20th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAA: FOUR MASTERS GAA CLUB NOTES
Ladies Open Thursday 30th August: Back Row: Left to Right Anne Flannery, Agnes Wiseman, Mary Ellen McNulty, Marian O’Sullivan. Front Row: Left to Right: Rena O’Herlihy, Lady Captain Angela Kilgallen, Marian Keating Winner.Letterkenny Golf Club Ladies News and Results by Ladies Club P.R.O. Karen McGlinchey 3-09-12It’s not often one of the ladies scores an Eagle at the 2nd hole but when one does, she has to get the headlines! Congratulations to Marian Keating, a nice partner to have in the Club Classic!Many thanks for the very generous sponsorship from Mourne Antiques on Tuesday 28th. On form on the day and nice to see her return to the winners enclosure, was Carmel McGeady 38 points. Runner up Vera Kearney 37 points and 3rd Bridie Gildea 36 points. Front 9 Maureen Shanahan 21 points. Back 9 Karen McGlinchey 19 points.Thursday 30th saw the club hosting a mini-open weekend after the disastrous weather conditions during Open Week. It was kick started with kind sponsorship from McFaddens Pharmacy, County Seat and Café Blend. Happy memories of her Eagle from the previous weekend, Marian Keating took the honours with 36 points. Runner Up Mary Ellen McNulty 34 points B.O.T. Gross Marian O’Sullivan 20 gross points. 3rd Rena O’Herlihy 34 points. Front 9 Agnes Wiseman 20 points B.O.T. Back 9 Anne Flannery 17 points B.O.T.The very popular tradition of the Past Lady Captains Day was enjoyed by a host of ladies who have served the club so well in their capacity as Lady Captain. 25 Lady Captains played in what were very difficult windy conditions. Winner Cynthia Fuery 33 points. Runner Up Mary Murray 33 points B.O.T. 3rd Grainne Hines 33 points B.O.T. Front 9 Maureen Shanahan 17 points B.O.T. Back 9 Celine Bradley 17 points B.O.T.The Ladies Singles Club Matchplay went to the wire this week and Mary Murray emerged victor in what has been described as a very tough, but sporting match with Monica McDonagh. Well done to both ladies.The Mary McDaid Memorial Cup will be played in Portsalon Golf Club on Saturday 15th September. Always a very enjoyable day. Best of luck to the Letterkenny Ladies Team.There will be an 18 hole club competition next Tuesday. Booking online as normalDon’t forget, the Lady Captains Weekend to Redcastle takes place on the 22nd September. Yes, you can still see the match on Sunday! They have televisions there also!Mourne Antiques Competition: Back Row Left to Right: Karen McGlinchey, Maureen Shanahan. Front Row Left to Right: Carmel McGeady Winner, Mourne Antiques, Sponsor, Lady Vice Captain Sandra McMonagle, Vera KearneyGOLF: KAREN McGLINCHEY’S LETTERKENNY LADIES GOLF CLUB NEWS was last modified: September 2nd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GOLF: KAREN McGLINCHEY’S LETTERKENNY LADIES GOLF CLUB NEWS